The Benefits of Massage Therapy
With both physical and mental benefits, massage therapy can be used to:
- Alleviate Lower Back Pain
- Improve Range of Motion
- Enhance Immunity with Lymph Stimulation
- Exercise and Stretch Weak, Tight or Atrophied Muscles
- Prepare and Recover from Workouts
- Enhance Joint Flexibility
- Reduce Depression and Anxiety
- Regenerate Tissue, Reduce Scarring and Stretch Marks
- Improve Circulation
- Help Oxygenate and Nourish Tissues and Organs
- Reduce Spasms and Cramping
- Relax and Soften Injured, Tired and Overused Muscles
- Release Endorphins (Body’s Natural “Painkiller”)
- Relieve Migraine Pain
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Promote Deeper, Easier Breathing
What is Thai Massage?
A Thai massage incorporates elements of yoga-like stretching and acupressure. Unlike Western types of massage, Thai massage does not use oils and the client lies on a Thai mat on the floor, completely clothed in a clinic-provided Thai pyjama. Thai massage is unlike other types of massage and could be better described as “assisted yoga.”
Thai massage can be useful in treating a variety of disorders, including:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Insomnia, Fatigue and Low Energy
- Digestive Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- …and many more
Although it works for many types of conditions, Thai massage is not recommended if you are pregnant, have a central nervous system condition such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease or seizures. Those with musculoskeletal injuries, spasms, fractures, dislocations and acute injuries should also avoid Thai massage.
Questions about Thai Massage
How is Thai different from a regular massage? There is no oil used, the patient will be fully clothed, and the treatment is performed on the floor with a Thai mat. Ischemic compression or acupressure technique is applied along the energy lines of your body instead of the typical gliding movement. The pressure will be adjusted according to your range of motion and condition.
How long is a treatment? We recommend treatments last a minimum of 60 minutes, with 90-minute sessions being preferred.
Do I need to wear comfortable clothes? No. Thai pyjamas will be provided.
To schedule an appointment or find an answer you may have concerning an upcoming appointment, please contact Parallel Chiropractic & Wellness Centre.